Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHey HPG, I've got this gear idea...Hey HPG, I've got this gear idea...
Previous

Next
New Post
9/9/2016 5:00 AM

+1 on the "what GI Joe was it?"

From an engineer's perspective, most people don't think about manufacturing cost as well. Given enough time, money and resources, sure, you could make a pack that expands to 10,000 CI, and snugs down to 1000 CI for day hunts/hikes, weighs 3 lbs, and can carry 200 lbs plus, however, do you want it to cost $5000?

Sometimes, the most simple things at first glance, take the most thought. For example. People would say the Volkswagon Beetle was a simple car. However, it took a lot of engineering and thought to figure how how big you could make that engine and still have it be air cooled, down sizing the carburator so people couldn't tax the engine. etc.

Simple designs that accomplish a task, often are the most elegant in terms of design and engineering.

New Post
9/10/2016 2:07 AM

So I guess that HPG solar powered wind turbine I have been daydreaming about is out the window. Isn't there a saying about how amateurs talk tactics, and professionals talk logistics? You guys have the best line going. Keep doing what you have been.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHey HPG, I've got this gear idea...Hey HPG, I've got this gear idea...