Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAdding water resistance to Kit BagsAdding water resistance to Kit Bags
Previous

Next
New Post
3/13/2017 12:15 PM

I have a Runner's Kit Bag I love.  Is there any reason I should not apply some DWR treatment to the kit bag?

I know given a hard enough rain the kit bag will still wet out but I'm hoping to slow the process down.

Thoughts?  Wash-in?  Spray-on?

I love the Waxed Canvas Full Size idea and I searched and found someone who had rigged up a trash bag as a cover.

I'm curious what other people have done as a solution, even if the answer is that it's not actually a problem.  Maybe it's better to let the bag get soaked and water proof the contents inside, like with a backpack.

Thanks for any comments or ideas.

New Post
3/13/2017 12:48 PM

abstractdoughnut wrote:
I have a Runner's Kit Bag I love.  Is there any reason I should not apply some DWR treatment to the kit bag?

I know given a hard enough rain the kit bag will still wet out but I'm hoping to slow the process down.

Thoughts?  Wash-in?  Spray-on?

I love the Waxed Canvas Full Size idea and I searched and found someone who had rigged up a trash bag as a cover.

I'm curious what other people have done as a solution, even if the answer is that it's not actually a problem.  Maybe it's better to let the bag get soaked and water proof the contents inside, like with a backpack.

Thanks for any comments or ideas.

I've had pretty good luck with this stuff.  I have used it on my HPG packs in the past, and also on my Windcheater.  Like you stated, this will not totally waterproof it, but will help slow things down.  

https://www.gearaid.com/products/dura...

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
3/13/2017 1:57 PM

I have used a cheap shower cap to good effect. also picked up a Jimmy Tarps silnylon bino cover, haven't had it out in the rain yet, but it should work nicely.

New Post
3/19/2017 10:31 AM

I've run across the ReviveX product twice recently so I guess it's time to give it a try.

I love the shower cap hack. That's a really lightweight option to carry with you.

Thanks for the tips.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAdding water resistance to Kit BagsAdding water resistance to Kit Bags