Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)
Previous

Next
New Post
3/31/2017 7:45 AM

zacht wrote:

Any update on when we might see wind cheaters back in stock for size XL? Or the two tone availability?

And the coyote ruff?  The last update was February/March.  Thank you. 

New Post
7/13/2017 2:23 PM

I am 5'10" and about 225, XL fit well with room for minimal under garment like a flannel long sleeve or insulation layer. material is much softer and quite than I expected.

New Post
12/8/2017 8:48 AM

I got my HPG Wind Cheater about a month ago, and I'm really pleased with it! I got it mainly for a cold weather shell, and was concerned about sizing. I'm 5'7" and weigh 135 pounds. I went with a medium, and I'm glad I did. I can layer a puffy jacket under it just fine.

New Post
12/26/2017 4:56 AM

Are there any plans for a run of wind cheaters in coyote or 2-tone with coyote/khaki incorporated?

New Post
1/10/2018 6:35 PM

Seems like the coyote ruff has been out of stock for a year now. Any idea when it’s coming back? I want to order the WC but only if I can get it and the ruff. 

On a side note. I’m 6’2” 185lbs. I was thinking to get a large but I’m worried about the length. Any suggestions? L or XL?

New Post
1/11/2018 8:09 AM

moparfan90 wrote:

Seems like the coyote ruff has been out of stock for a year now. Any idea when it’s coming back? I want to order the WC but only if I can get it and the ruff. 

On a side note. I’m 6’2” 185lbs. I was thinking to get a large but I’m worried about the length. Any suggestions? L or XL?

X2 on the ruff.

Also Im 6'0" 220lbs stocky build and I wear a XL. Fits a bit big in lower chest/stomach area but sleeves are perfect. 

New Post
1/11/2018 11:17 AM

No coyote colored WC plans. We've gotten 3 large shipments of coyote ruffs over the past 12 months but they tend to go quickly because I keep underestimating demand. If you want to make sure you get one, get on the notification list by emailing info@. FWIW, we should see our next shipment of them in the next month.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
1/11/2018 11:38 PM

I would go XL. 

I'm 5'11" 185-190 (depedning on season, but have fairly long arms) and have both a L and XL Windcheater. The Large is fine for just wearing a t-shirt underneath, but the sleeves are too short on me if I use a heavy layer. The XL is perfect with a puffy jacket as a layer.  

Being 3 inches taller than me, I would go XL. 

New Post
1/17/2018 5:57 PM

For what it's worth.

I am 6' 0" and 190 lbs.

I bought the L and returned it because too short in arms and snug throughout the back.

Am thinking XL or maybe even XXL because I would wear a G. Fred Asbel wool anorak underneath.

New Post
3/4/2018 11:13 AM

Is there a plan to make a hard shell or other waterproof jacket similar to the wind cheater?

New Post
3/4/2018 11:37 AM

We have a design, but so far haven't found a manufacturer.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/4/2018 2:18 PM

Teebee, check out the mountain parka thread for the idea

New Post
3/12/2018 8:11 PM

Seems pretty short stocked on XL. Any ETA for next batches?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)