Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhat's on your Tara or Aston Insert?What's on your Tara or Aston Insert?
Previous

Next
New Post
4/17/2017 7:53 PM

In the spirit of similar threads, figured I'd start one of these for HPG inserts. I'll start with mine, and hopefully I can get the pic links to work.

I could just have this set up directly on the PALS Panel I have attached to my Umlindi pack, but I like being able to swap this super quickly between my Umlindi for EDC, and my Ute for longer outdoor adventures. Attached to the insert, I've got a TAD OP1 with all my EDC gadgets (nothing special, so I'm not going to write it up), and a HPG tool roll with my first aid kit, which is pretty much an Adventure Medical Kits Weekender combined with a Quikclot trauma pack, a SOF-T tourniquet, and a few odds and ends. Hanging off the back of the insert with paracord and not pictured I've got a small Kifaru pullout with basic overnight hygiene stuff (travel sized tooth paste, floss, comb, etc) There's a spork slid in the pals webbing on the back of the OP1 pouch. When I'm using it for camping, the space to the right of the tool roll leaves just enough room in the PALS Pocket for my Snow Peak cup and Triangia stove and fuel bottle set up, and an Emberlit stove goes behind the Tara Insert in the PALS Pocket.

One of the things that always bugged me about switching from EDC to camping/hiking loadouts was having to repack all the small stuff from one pack to another. Having my EDC tools and medical stuff all together on the Tara Insert makes this ridiculously quick and easy.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhat's on your Tara or Aston Insert?What's on your Tara or Aston Insert?