Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhat's in your TarahumaraWhat's in your Tarahumara
Previous

Next
New Post
5/7/2017 9:01 PM

from a recent snowshoe trip I carried the following- for emergency shelter bits I carried a Blizzard bag, a 1/8" 20x50 ccf pad, silnylon 5x7' tarp (along w/ some smaller diameter dyneema cordage)

I keep a z-lite sitpad in the rear slot- almost a perfect fit :)

extra clothing I carry a light pullover puffy, hooded fleece and a balaclava

they fit into a small dry bag (from OR)

"essentials" include tp, first aid kit, fire kit, repair kit, headlamp, cordage, aquatabs and a polycro groundsheet
they also go into a small (smaller) dry bag

hardshell attached to the bottom of the pack, two 1 liter platypus bottles in the side pockets and snowshoes attached with the compression straps

in it's natural environ :)

New Post
5/9/2017 6:08 AM

Always love seeing what you pack mtwarden...always speaks of experience to me.

New Post
6/21/2017 3:11 PM

while certainly not designed with overnighters in mind, I wanted to see how the Tara would fare in that task

I used a pretty light/low volume kit and added a 5 liter dry bag attached to the front of the pack courtesy of the two lashing straps. The dry bag contained a light Apex quilt and light Apex puffy. I used the bottom lashing pointfor a short Neoair pad. At the bottom of my pack went a eVENT bivy- these components made up my sleep/shelter system. I had a small dry bag that contained a few items of clothing- sleep socks, light fleece mitts and a fleece balaclava. My cook setup was a 600 ml to pot w/ lid, small wood burning stove and plastic spoon. Food for a day and a half with a bear hang bag.
Water was a 20 ounce Gatorade bottle- which by the way fits the two shock cords on the shoulder straps like it was made for it- the shock cords fit perfectly into the grooves of the bottle and made water access easy and secure. A Steripen Opti for purification.

The kit bag carried essentials like fire, first aid, headlamp, map/compass, etc

Total pack weight was 11 lbs (and a little over 2 in the kit bag) and carried great. The low profile of the pack let me get through and around blowdown with ease.

I also took my Tenkara setup which also went under the lashing straps.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhat's in your TarahumaraWhat's in your Tarahumara