Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPalspocket Organization Palspocket Organization
Previous

Next
New Post
8/8/2017 10:03 PM

Got my Umlindi and Palspocket in the mail yesterday, very pleased so far... I am, however, having some difficulty figuring out the best way to maximize the Palspocket's capacity. I like the idea of utilizing the hook and loop system due to the ability to quickly remove whatever would be needed and then replace it just as fast. I've seen a few pockets/pouches with hook velcro on the back but they're typically either designed for military hardware (i.e. magazines, NVGs, ect...) or out of stock.

The current set up I have is just a few small-sized MagPul DAKA pouches, two-deep and then stacked on top of one another. This allows for rapid deployment but leaves much to be desired as far as utilizing the entire space within the pocket as only items that can fit within a small DAKA can be held. In addition, it tends to feel cluttered, especially when having to dig the right one out. I'm then left with a pile of DAKA pouches to reinsert into the pocket. A small gripe, I must admit, but a gripe nonetheless.

Any suggestions for a more efficient system?

New Post
8/9/2017 7:16 AM

Someone else recommended these in another thread. I haven't tried them yet, but they're on my list.
Condor Mesh Pouch (2 pack)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BZCUBSS/

Condor Window Pouch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CW15CCQ/

Orca Rip Away Med Pouch
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G07FO5W/

New Post
8/9/2017 7:26 AM

I use a combination of the BFG dapper pouches, LBX pouches, and our Tool Roll, with the Tool Roll being the most used. To start I had everything either velcroed or strapped into the pocket, but over time I have evolved to a combination of captured and un-captured depending on what it is. Most of my small stuff fits in a single Tool Roll my other stuff is just placed in there without capturing it. Really only the tool roll or heavy stuff I don't want shifting are velcroed or strapped. That gives me more flexibility and quick in and out. On the inserts I tend to use more pouches, but again find the tool roll the most useful. As I experiment with the Tool Rolls more they are replacing the other style of pouches.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/10/2017 3:20 PM

Any idea when your Tool Rolls will be back in stock? I like the design and from what I've seen it would fit my needs well. Haven't seen them in stock for quite sometime. I've looked at LBX and BFG, might end up going that route. Although the condor offerings above are a much cheaper alternative and I've never had issues with the MilSim stuff they put out.

New Post
8/10/2017 3:25 PM

Any idea when your Tool Rolls will be back in stock? I like the design and from what I've seen it would fit my needs well. Haven't seen them in stock for quite sometime. I've looked at LBX and BFG, might end up going that route. Although the condor offerings above are a much cheaper alternative and I've never had issues with the MilSim stuff they put out.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPalspocket Organization Palspocket Organization