Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGqui-Ya backpackqui-Ya backpack
Previous

Next
New Post
8/18/2017 12:05 PM

Ed T wrote:
After 6 months of debate and procrastination I ordered a Qui-Ya about a month ago...

I meant to get back to you after Mark scared you off with the "qui-Ya isn't big enough" talk. Glad you pulled the trigger anyway, Considering the decades of experience behind your opinion, I very much appreciate that you're liking this pack.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/15/2017 7:06 AM

The qui-Ya looks like a great pack--I spent a happy hour yesterday bending stays and shock-cording G-hooks--but curiosity has gotten the better of me: what's the function of the tabs on either side of the metal pulley (where the two-inch strap from the harness passes through)? 

At any rate, a "Ute" with shoulder lift has been on my wish list for a long time now--although I admit y'all did set off a kind of mid-life crisis when I realized that, you know, this is the last big pack I'm likely to use in my lifetime.;)

New Post
9/15/2017 10:55 AM

CreationBear wrote:

curiosity has gotten the better of me: what's the function of the tabs on either side of the metal pulley (where the two-inch strap from the harness passes through)? 

Those are backups in case the center pulley breaks or pulls out. You can use a couple of G-hook terminated straps (the delta straps that came with your Prairie Belt) to re-attach your harness.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/15/2017 3:14 PM

Got you--that's a great bit of redundancy.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGqui-Ya backpackqui-Ya backpack