Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGEDC admin for TaraEDC admin for Tara
Previous

Next
New Post
10/23/2017 11:33 AM

I don't have a Tarahumara (yet) but I'm very interested in this pack as an EDC/day hike type bag.  I currently have a Mystery Ranch 3 DAP that I use as an EDC bag and short trip pack which works great. One of the things I love about the 3DAP is the 2 pockets on the top/lid to hold small things like ID, phone etc.  For those of you that EDC a Tara how are you carrying organizing your admin stuff like pens, ID phone etc?

New Post
10/26/2017 8:10 PM

I always used the Tara Insert with a small pals compatible pouch hanging at the top. I usually left it only attached at the top so I could "flop" it out and load the pack underneath and keep it accessible. Or rig up something with a G-hook and hang it from the harness area, if you don't want to have to unbuckle and unzip. HTH.

New Post
10/28/2017 12:30 PM

I've been playing around with this lately.  Just keeping it simple with a few small zip sacks.  I have a Mystery Ranch medium Zoid Bag, which are pretty nice, and currently holds a first aid kit, fire starter bag (both are in your standard zip lock baggie for reference)  & a Survive Knives GSO2.7.  I've had a Maxpedition 4X6 pouch laying around doing nothing, so thats what I keep all the little odd ball items in.  Pen, sharpie, small knife,.... I just stuff those in the Tara.  And, I just got a Kifaru Ultralight Pullout for my keys and wallet, which I hang from the webbing loop in the Tara with a grimlock.  Then I just stuff everything in however best fits.

New Post
11/1/2017 6:17 AM

thanks for your feedback and ideas for the Tara admin

New Post
11/17/2017 7:00 AM

I run a similar setup but i have also found the Mystert Ranch RATS pouches super helpful. Its a larger hook and loop backed pouch that fits perfect on the insert inside the Tara. I have a few random thungs for work i dont want just floating around. Got em cheap on ebay.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGEDC admin for TaraEDC admin for Tara