Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUte BackpackUte Backpack
Previous

Next
New Post
8/9/2017 7:52 PM

pr wrote:
I'd like to add a removable lid to the Ute while keeping the top compression straps. I'd like a lightweight lid that can be used as a day pack. Has anyone gone through this process? Any suggestions?

The M2016 was designed with just that in mind:

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/10/2017 5:54 PM

Thank you.

New Post
1/10/2018 1:28 PM

What's the recommended way of attaching the M2016 as a lid to the Ute? I connected g-hooks to the two loops at the top of the harness and the 2nd ones down on the side of the Ute. Then brought the Ute top compression straps over the top of the M2016. It doesn't seem right.

Help?

Thanks!

New Post
1/16/2018 5:13 PM

Hey guys. So I got my Ute in today and am stoked about digging in.
Got the bag out and the stays and reading on here that they were a bit of a pain to get into the channel I was going to try and get them in before bending/adjusting if need be and try to let it stretch out the channel for a day or two (While playing with all my other goodies of course). I started from the bottom and ran it through with out issue (seems that they are wider) but then it fed through and OUT the top. I was under the impression that there should have been a pocket there to capture the stay. Correct! Or am I just a little in the slow side. (If so do not answer, ha)

Also my sternum strap has two male ends. No female side. I don’t really go that way so I’m not really sure how to work that one. Ha. 

New Post
1/16/2018 5:18 PM

The tightness issue was addressed after the first run. When you insert before they get all the way in, flex the tip away from the pack to hit the pocket. The first time or two it can be hard to hit the pocket, but it is there.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
1/16/2018 5:24 PM

Yea apparently I am a bit slow. I got it.
also the sternum strap has two male ends. No female side.

New Post
Yesterday @ 10:37 AM

Kevin, got me squared away.
Thanks guys

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGUte BackpackUte Backpack