Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBelt to go with multi-cam Umlindi & how to attach Grab it IIBelt to go with multi-cam Umlindi & how to attach Grab it II
Previous

Next
New Post
9/23/2017 10:14 PM

I have a multi-cam Umlindi and looking for a belt for it.  Running ranger green recon belt now but I woudl prefer a belt with molle as opposed to the fabric slits and like to have a multi-cam belt.   

Also, looking to see if anyone is using a Kifaru Grab It II with Umlindi.  Looking for best way to attache and use the Grab It on the Umlindi.

Thanks

New Post
1/7/2018 9:58 PM

I actually now have successfully attached the grab-it to my Umlindi (not sure it will get much use however after attaching it) but still need a multi-cam belt. I would like something with molle as opposed to the recon belts fabric slits.

What would be a good belt for thus application on the Umlindi?

Thanks so much!

New Post
1/8/2018 1:21 PM

I prefer the HPG Prairie Belt over the Recon for my Umlindi and Ute. I have seen the Recon Belt available in Multicam before but not the Prairie. However with the addition of MC pouches over Ranger Green, you essentially get a MC belt. Maybe that would meet your criteria.

I'd consider these in Multicam (First Spear's version of HPG's General Purpose Pocket):
http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17655&cat=265&page=3

and these as bottle pockets:
http://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/soft-taco-11AT00.html

Emdom USA makes a lot of useful pockets in MC too.

Using another brand's belt on the Lindi would compromise the load-carrying ability a bit too much to be worth it, in my opinion.

New Post
1/8/2018 4:13 PM

The Kifaru Omni Belt fits, get the "xRay" pack version which has the dual delta straps on each side.

New Post
1/10/2018 9:30 PM

Thanks for the info! The Kifaru belt is likely a good fit

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBelt to go with multi-cam Umlindi & how to attach Grab it IIBelt to go with multi-cam Umlindi & how to attach Grab it II