Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Kit bag (Original Pattern) QuestionSnubby Kit bag (Original Pattern) Question
Previous

Next
New Post
3/1/2018 8:24 AM

In the Snubby kitbag in the original pattern with the added internal pocket.  Is the interior wall on it the velcro lasercut molle panel like in the V2 and Heavy recon?

New Post
3/1/2018 11:30 AM

No it is still a V1 pattern. Also please read the post above about the Snubby, it may not be the one you actually want.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/1/2018 11:56 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Scott, I am probably still going to get this one for running, I want some smaller frame but has the separate pocket for the fire arm, just had a few questions. I am also looking for a Heavy Recon for woods carry. 

New Post
3/1/2018 12:10 PM

Gotcha, in which case the Runner's may be a better choice. The questions to ask are:

1. What gun do you want to carry? (G19 or smaller)

2. How big are you/build? (Smaller then about 175lbs or of a slight build)

3. What besides a gun do you want to carry?  The Original Snubby gives you the same volume as the Runner's, but the Runner's will spread it out over a larger area, which is more comfortable. 

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/1/2018 12:18 PM

1. What gun do you want to carry?

Either a Taurus TCP or a Springfield XDS

2. How big are you/build?

5'8" and close to 250 but dropping

3. What besides a gun do you want to carry?

Phone, wallet/ID, key, small FAK/inhaler, runners gels or chews and smaller water bottles.

I currently use a runners belt but theres barely any rtoom for the gels or chews, I have to hold my phone

New Post
3/1/2018 12:24 PM

The Snubby is to small for you. The kit bags fit more like a piece of clothing, and you want them to drape around your chest. The Snubby would just sit on your chest, with no drape. Go Runners/Recon

New Post
3/1/2018 12:31 PM

Thanks for the info, looks like I will be investing in a runners soon after I get my Heavy.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGSnubby Kit bag (Original Pattern) QuestionSnubby Kit bag (Original Pattern) Question