Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie Belt on an Outdoorsmans Long Range pack?Prairie Belt on an Outdoorsmans Long Range pack?
Previous

Next
New Post
3/8/2018 11:42 PM

I am curious if anyone has modified a Prairie Belt to fit on an Outdoorsman's Long Range pack. I have used the pack for a few seasons of hiking, hunting, and training, and the belt is pretty used. Additionally, it's a bit squeeky under load. The Prairie Belt is a significant step up, and would get me half way to a Hill People external frame. I have a fair idea of a possible solution, but I would need to add lumbar padding to the Prairie Belt to make it work. I am wondering if anyone has either worked with this pack and a Prairie Belt or added lumbar padding to the belt in a slick way?

Thanks,

David

New Post
5/9/2018 11:30 PM

I am going to move forward with this project. I have a spare Prairie belt now, and most of the materials I will need minus the aluminum pack stay bars. I have sent an email to Harper Design Works, and if I can obtain the bars from them, I am ready to start sewing.

I have just finished my first prototype of a PALS water bladder pocket, and I am going to be making a few more improved prototypes before I post it up on the forums. Then, my next project is this belt/pack merger. Well, actually, I am going to be making more of my hammock kit bags first, then the pack project. If I am lucky enough to draw one of the elk tags I've put in for, then this project will be complete by September 1. If I don't have an elk tag in my pocket, I am going to spend my free time this summer hiking with other (HPG) packs, and I will work on this as time permits. Details to follow soon-

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie Belt on an Outdoorsmans Long Range pack?Prairie Belt on an Outdoorsmans Long Range pack?