Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston House BC - LaptopAston House BC - Laptop
Previous

Next
New Post
2/23/2018 6:48 AM

Hi Guys, I just ordered and AHBC and have been trying to figure out a way to carrying a laptop towards the top of the bag, so it's easily accessible when opening the top zipper. 

I think I am right in saying the AHBC doesn't have a back pocket like the one on the Umlindi?

I've had a couple of thoughts, I've found a cheap textile sleeve that could be altered with the two hanging loops at the top of pack, it would be functional, but that's all.

I thought about repurposing the Aston Panel that comes with the pack, attaching that to the inside would effectively create a Hypalon sleeve to slide a laptop into. I'm not sure if you could make it work, but I think it would look pretty awesome.

Other ideas I've had are having something made out of Hypalon or Cuben fibre.

Can anyone offer any experience on this subject? 

New Post
2/23/2018 9:53 AM

I would get a regular laptop sleeve and either add velcro to the back or hang loops and just hang it at the right height on the back of the bag. The lbx sleeve already has some cordage on the back and it may be as simple as just unlacing it and relacing it through the loops on the bag. I think someone found sleeves with velcro, but I don't remember the name of the company, but I think it was mentioned on our FB Owner's Group.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/23/2018 12:45 PM

The Tom Bihn Laptop Cache could probably be adapted to suit your needs. It has two webbing "rails" on the back, with sliding gatekeeper clips to suspend it. See the video on their product page. I don't own an Aston House, but it works with my Umlindi and Ute.

https://www.tombihn.com/collections/laptop-bags/products/cache?variant=16398877831

New Post
2/24/2018 7:27 AM

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll have a look a look through the facebook group at some point and also the sleeves you guys have suggested. Scot, do I remember reading somewhere on the forum that maybe you guys were thinking of designing some form of sleeve?

I always seem to start over thinking stuff like this after buying new gear, this time is especially frustrating; a friend I'm heading on a trip with in the next couple of weeks is flying the pack out for me.

New Post
2/24/2018 10:07 AM

We talked about it awhile back, but that is it.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/25/2018 4:38 PM

The Propper laptop case has the velcro on the back. I bought one after it was mentioned on the FB page. It is in my AHBC right now. 

New Post
2/27/2018 6:11 AM

The Propper case looks perfect! I had issues ordering one with a UK CC, I've had to get a friend to order it for me... 1st world problems. Also picked up a Condor Rip-Away EMT Pouch for a little organisation in the pack.

Thank you for your replies!

New Post
6/2/2018 2:16 AM

Thank you for the recommendation! I just ordered it with 10% off as a first time customer direct from Propper (and with free shipping).

This will work perfectly for my laptop and my GORUCK weight plates. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGAston House BC - LaptopAston House BC - Laptop