Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bag/Hip Bag?Kit Bag/Hip Bag?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/31/2018 9:12 PM

Hey HPG,

I have a couple Kit Bags and a Tara (recently read "Born to Run" and has made having the Tara even more significant to me). I love all of the equipment I have purchased from you. I use my snubby kit bag more than anything else. In it I carry a Glock 19, a camera, a range finder, and a backup battery. I work for a company that contracts to the power company here in Florida. My job involves walking from pole to pole all day long taking measurments and pictures. I regularly walk from woods to road side to lake side so I like have something with me in case I run in to wild hogs or gators (they've gotten a little too close for comfort on more than one occasion). I usually wear the kit bag on my hip using the grimlocks on my belt loops. I do this for two reasons: The first is becasue I have found that when I walk out of the woods and into a more populated area, having the kit bag on my chest draws attention, and not in a good way. The second reason is because its HOT and HUMID in southern Florida, even on Christmas!!!, and wearing the kit bag on my chest for 8 hours doesn't help to keep me cool. the problem with the grimlocks is that the bag sits low and swings around a lot. So i was wondering if you guys might be interested in a fix for this. I was thinking either a kit bag that was designed to be worn on a belt (1.25" to 2" wide maybe). Sort of like a hip worn kit bag/Snubby Butt Pack. Or perhaps there might be a strap kit that could be sold seperately that would allow somone to easily attatch a standard kit bag to a belt. I also just read your "I have this gear idea" thread and I totally get what you're saying, so if my idea would not work I completely understand. No hard feelings. I'll keep buying your gear anyway.  :)

New Post
8/1/2018 10:08 AM

There is a thread on this exact thing, but you are going to have to do some digging. Setting it up as a waist pack is actually pretty simple. You need a long piece of 1.5" webbing to act as the belt. Remove the harness, and remove the side release from the harness. Thread the webbing through the tri-glide on one side and then thread the side release on the other side. Use the two ends to set tightness and then just click the side release in and out. That being said the M2016 is designed as a fanny pack as well as a shoulder pack, and will fit most any belt including a riggers belt if your belt loop spacing works.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/1/2018 12:20 PM

Duh!!! I never thought to just buy some extra webbing. I had some notion of using some absurd amount of 550 cord to rig something together, but the webbing makes so much more sense. Thank you sir.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bag/Hip Bag?Kit Bag/Hip Bag?