Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGDelta Straps? Delta Straps?
Previous

Next
New Post
8/26/2018 7:14 AM

I met you guys at Flagstaff last May. I enjoyed discussing elk hunting & your products. I finally pulled the triggger on the Umlindi with Recon belt for my elk hunt. We hike in n out daily, (from a warm RV with a shower!!) So I did not need a huge pack, just a quality rig capable of handling meat bags etc. 

In the video, Evan mentioned “delta straps. But not detaiIed info on that. I received two short straps, approx 12-14” with a metal G hook & a plastic cinch thingy. Name escapes me (the thing for tightening the straps) .

Question: Does this strap go on the Delta buckle at mid section of pack with the metal G hook clipping to the diagonal pals cut on my recon belt? I’ve put it on that way & it seems be right, but I cannot find any details on your site nor videos. thanks in advance. 

New Post
8/26/2018 3:04 PM
Accepted Answer 
Yes, hook the g-hook to the slash cut on the belt. Then run the strap to the hypalon like material tab on the pack.

New Post
8/26/2018 6:01 PM

Thanks!! 

New Post
8/28/2018 3:54 PM

For most people, deltas get routed *outside* of the shoulder straps. Loosen them every single time you take the pack off, and then wait to tighten them until you have your waist belt properly snugged.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGDelta Straps? Delta Straps?