Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBino PouchBino Pouch
Previous

Next
New Post
8/10/2018 12:33 PM

I just stumbled across the bino pouch and am interested, can I find any more details on it anywhere? 

New Post
8/10/2018 12:52 PM

We should have the product page up soon, and some info will be available in the newsletter going out in the next couple of days, but here are the basic specs:
• soft velcro loop on inner lid and bottom to avoid scratching lenses
• fully padded except top flap
• one hand opening flap closure can be fastened either for full retention or quicker access
• top flap stays closed by default
• mounts on 4x2 PALS grid
• external tabs for tying retention strap to if desired

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/14/2018 6:35 PM

I'm super excited for this and the capture flap. Can't wait!

New Post
8/15/2018 1:27 PM

Well I would have liked to have seen more pictures, but I saw it was in stock so I took a leap of faith and ordered the Bino Pouch and the Recon Kit bag to replace my current "slick" kit bag. I am hoping this comes with everything necessary to attach the Bino Pouch to the kit bag?

New Post
8/15/2018 1:29 PM

I would have liked to seen more pictures but I saw this was in stock and took a leap of faith and ordered the Bino Pouch and the Recon Kit bag to replace my current non-molle kit bag. I am hoping this comes with everything necessary to attach the pouch to the kit bag?

New Post
8/15/2018 1:32 PM

It does come with everything needed to attach to the Kit Bag. I apologize about the pictures. I will hopefully have some more up soon.

New Post
8/16/2018 8:00 AM

Thank you for the response, and sorry for the double post it didn't show up right away.

New Post
8/16/2018 1:04 PM

Pictures have been added to the product page.

New Post
8/18/2018 9:56 PM

Got mine today. Scheduled for delivery Monday but I’m grateful for it coming early because I’m heading out for my dads Kiabab deer hunt Friday. Fit on a Heavy Recon Kit Bag like a champ and holds either my Vortex Viper 10x42s or an Olympus em5ii with a lens just like fine. This was literally the bino/camera holder I have been needing for some time. It makes a kit bag a little more awkward in front compared to running without, but not too awkward from what I can tell. This is just based on me wearing it around the house this afternoon. My guess is it will not make any more difference in the field. Certainly not when compared to having to dig either out of a pack.

New Post
8/19/2018 6:53 PM

That bino pouch looks fantastic. However, will you have additional sizes? My binos are six and a quarter 6 and 1/4 inches tall?

New Post
8/20/2018 9:07 AM

The optimal set up is on the standard recon, but should'nt be terrible on the Heavy.

New Post
8/21/2018 10:54 AM

Received my kit bag but not my bino pouch - what's the best way to get ahold of you guys? Thanks

New Post
8/21/2018 10:58 AM

email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
8/21/2018 11:24 AM

scothill wrote:
email us at info@hillpeoplegear.com

Ok I did that

New Post
8/26/2018 4:53 PM

Well I got the pouch. Looks great, this and the kit bag are really well made. So the pals strap, do you just thread and then tuck back up into the pouch on the bottom? I ride horseback hunting a bit and I'm a little concerned it will pull loose, I've had this issue with PALS straps coming loose before unless they have a solid tab on the strap to hook onto the pals, if that makes sense.

New Post
8/27/2018 9:05 AM

Yes, you weave the straps through the PALS, and back into the pouch, for every space there is not webbing on the Kit Bag. When there is no more webbing to weave through, you will tuck the remaing end back into the Bino Pouch. The pouch will not come off if done correctly. There is good reason the military adopted this standard.

New Post
9/7/2018 8:24 PM

Just spent about 10 days on my dad’s deer hunt. Carried my Olympus EM5II the majority of the time. Worked like a champ. Seemed awkward at first because I could see it in my peripheral, but never got in the way.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBino PouchBino Pouch