Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket vs. PalspocketTarapocket vs. Palspocket
Previous

Next
New Post
11/8/2018 6:18 PM

Any advantage to the Tara over the Palspocket?

I am thinking of getting 1 to run on my qui-Ya.

Anyone have/had both?

I Am using a Palspocket now.

Is there a noticeable difference in volume?

I am thinking the additional depth the Tarapocket has would make storing my pot/stove combination easier but am wondering if I would miss the ease of access the Palspocket provides.

New Post
11/9/2018 8:14 AM

I have both. Right now, my Palspocket is permanently attached to my Umlindi and the Tarapocket is on my ruck. There is a fair volume difference, with the Tarapocket 'seemingly' having greater volume, especially for something like the stove/pot combo. The Palspocket is quite slim, especially with pouches attached to the inside. I have a medium and small GP pouch in it, as well as a tool roll. With some clever packing, my pot set fits fine but it is tight. I have a Palsinsert that I occasionally slide into the Tarapocket (attached by a slikclip to the hanging tab) and the pot set (GSI Halulite Minimalist) still fits nicely horizontally along the bottom of the TP.

Craig

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket vs. PalspocketTarapocket vs. Palspocket