Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich pocket for the Umlindi?Which pocket for the Umlindi?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/14/2018 3:53 PM

What are the pros and cons of the 

Admin Pocket  vs the Aston pocket

how it attaches, compression etc.

New Post
12/15/2018 3:44 PM

The Admin Pocket will have more capacity and more organization than the Aston Pocket. The Aston Pocket is the slimmest pocket option and good if you need just a little organization and not too much additional capacity. The Aston Pocket comes with a different compression system than the Umlindi. You will completely replace the compression straps on the Umlindi with the straps that come with the Aston Pocket.

The Admin Pocket will integrate with the compression straps that come with the Umlindi. It can also be turned into it's own little daypack, with the addition of the V2 Pocket Harness. 

New Post
12/15/2018 7:43 PM

I have had both, I found the Aston pocket to be a little small for anything but a few odds and ends. When I got the admin pocket, I have found pocket nirvana. It is big enough to fit most of what I want to carry with organization to keep things straight. I think it is the right mix for somebody looking for organization and a little space.
I like that I can stow a pocket harness in it, and make myself a little EDC pack when detached from my main pack. When using together, The tabs line up and it attaches just like a pals pocket.

If i had a choice, admin pocket hands down.

New Post
12/17/2018 3:24 AM

I briefly had an Aston Pocket on an Umlindi and did not like it. Capacity was pretty small, and putting anything substantial in it (let's say even a folded space blanket), made it bulge and seem awkward.

New Post
12/17/2018 11:25 AM

Hey thanks for the input. Really helps. I wondered about the change in compression system with the Aston..
Sounds like its not optimal.

New Post
12/18/2018 6:26 AM

I've had the Pals Pocket and now the Admin Pocket on my Umlindi. Hands down, the Admin Pocket for me! The Pals Pocket was nice but the lack of built in organization always had me looking for pouches to velcro or molle in and that added bulk and weight.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWhich pocket for the Umlindi?Which pocket for the Umlindi?