Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Stock CuffHPG Stock Cuff
Previous

Next
New Post
7/2/2015 1:15 PM

Just attached the Stock Cuff onto my Marlin 336C.  It sure does fit nice, and I think it's very attractive on the gun!  

Once the HPG LAAM is ready for purchase, that will be the final item to add onto my Lever Scout.  I will then transition the sling to a side mount...which brings up a question.  Evan & Scot....do you think the webbing that goes around the backside of the butt would be strong enough to allow me to attach a repair-style buckle, which would give me a rear sling attachment point?  If not, then I reckon I'll need to install some type of sling stud mount on the buttstock, in order to run a side-mounted sling.  Either that, or I could sew some type of webbing tab to the stock cuff for a rear sling attachment point. Thoughts?

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
7/2/2015 5:28 PM

hmm.... I definitely wouldn't attach a sling to the edge binding keeper. The cuff *ought* to be solid enough to tie into with a sling without walking around. It laces very tight. If tying into cuff is a requirement, I'd stitch a loop into the stitch line at the rear of the range card window where there are two thicknesses of hypalon. If it was my carbine, I'd probably go with a flush mount QD swivel cup inlet into the stock.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
7/2/2015 5:44 PM

Might just sew a stout webbing tab to the stock cuff.  I looked at these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/6252..., but wasn't sure if this would be the right one.  I reckon I could use high strength wood glue to ensure it locks in...just like ski bindings.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
7/2/2015 8:11 PM

Would the cuff fit 45-70 rounds OK?

New Post
7/12/2015 1:00 PM

Should work just fine for .45/70. Don't quote me on this but I think .308 and .45/70 have a similar case width and .308 fits in my butt cuff perfectly. Very snug fit but that's what I was looking for. I think you would be satisfied with one.

New Post
12/26/2015 11:23 AM

Has anybody tried adding some foam under their Stock Cuff to effectively rain their cheek height? Just wondering how that would affect the cuff placement and attachment. I am in the market for a cheek riser, and I really like the slick look of the hypalon.

New Post
12/28/2015 4:56 PM

Yes, there's a thread somewhere here where that is reported on. It worked fine.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/2/2016 2:35 PM

Is there a size currently offered that would fit 20 gauge shells? I would like to use one on my single shot 20 gauge this upcoming quail season. Thanks!

New Post
8/2/2016 5:00 PM

Ken G It is probably in the other thread but I will confess to adding a couple of layers of sheepskin under mine to get more lift. worked great.

New Post
12/14/2018 12:59 PM

Holy old thread batman!

So I had an idea about the stock cuff. Not sure how anyone would feel about it.

I know this one was designed primarily for lever guns, but I would like to see one with a Velcro /hook and loop panel on the side so you could add and remove accessories as needed.
They make bullet loop panels that are Velcro backed; you could use it for magazine guns (this is why I made my self one) that way I can change between higher capacity magazine to ones that are hunting legal. Other ideas are first aid and cleaning kits, etc.

Also on the one I made I made a removable cheek weld for scope use, seems this could be done with a pocket or another Velcro panel.

I like my leather one but it is not all weather or made from light weight material.

Any ideas?

Old pictures

New Post
1/25/2019 9:17 AM

Something like this....??

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Stock CuffHPG Stock Cuff