Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGModifying Buckles on the Heavy recon pouchModifying Buckles on the Heavy recon pouch
Previous

Next
New Post
4/5/2017 9:20 PM

I'd like to use the Recon pouch not only as a intended, but also as a bolt on to my Tara and X-Ray. (Not for off body carry)  I'd like to be able to remove the large 2 inch buckles, and replace them with split buckle (repair).  I haven't been able to find any that are large enough to work.  My question has anyone made that modification or found other ways to use the recon pouch other than in the 'kit'?

New Post
4/6/2017 11:31 PM

I just use the grimlocs and dock it that way. If you wanted, I supposed you could make an adapter, 2" to 1" webbing and use the appropriate buckles on each end, but the grimlocs work fine, and don't require any work

New Post
4/8/2017 9:04 PM

@chorpie, I tend to agree with you. I've played with it over the weekend, and am findings between the bag itself and the two packs I want to attach it to. It's better of as is for now. I will probably breakout the sewing machine and add more attachment points down the road if it have the slick molle on both sides it would be perfect.

New Post
4/9/2017 8:24 PM

can folks post some pictures of how they ultize the recon kit (or any kit ) not in the harness. I am struggling to find elegant ways to add utility to the design. Not knocking the design - looking for suggestions to expend it's uses.

New Post
4/9/2017 8:54 PM

Hey Kurt-TX - what problem are you trying to solve when you've got the harness detached from the kit bag?

New Post
4/15/2017 1:06 AM

I added a pair of grimlocks to the stabilizer loops on the bottom of my heavy recon kit bag. I run the compression straps on my tarahumara through the grimlocks (top and bottom) and over the front of the kit bag. It hangs 90 degrees off of where it would on my chest, but it compresses well and keeps my kit bag as part of my edc.

Sorry I do t have any pictures

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGModifying Buckles on the Heavy recon pouchModifying Buckles on the Heavy recon pouch