Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGButtpack /Prarrie belt LBEButtpack /Prarrie belt LBE
Previous

Next
New Post
4/17/2017 1:38 PM

Has anyone done this or am I over complicating the simplicity of HPG.

I had a old Rocky pack and Alice gear I was pretty happy with. Thought I'd try it with better equipment

I have photos I'm trying to remember how to attach

New Post
4/17/2017 9:08 PM

I am running the buttpack with a prairie belt and shoulder harness now. The setup looks just like the old LBE setup, only much nicer. I believe there are some photos on here that show that setup. It works really well. 

New Post
4/18/2017 8:03 PM

Hey Penguin - I've been playing with that set up, but still trying to get the kinks worked out. Definitely isn't over complicating it, in some respects it's simplyfing it, if you can pair your gear down to what fits into the buttpack, slap some water bottles on the belt, and whatever else you need. It works well for a light day, but there's always pros and cons. Right time right place nothing better than it. - J

New Post
4/19/2017 1:30 PM

I've also been trying this for short outings. PB with bottle holster and pistol holster on my right, and bottle holster and GP pocket on my left. Buttpack docked to the belt, with light load of varying contents depending on the outing. I haven't been using any shoulder harness at all, and the load has carried fine and hasn't been sagging or anything like that. I haven't run it very heavy yet, so maybe not a true test of the setup. But it's ideal for outings in warmer weather, as it leaves my upper body with little coverage and therefore keeps me much cooler. Packs and kit bags can really up the perspiration level (for me anyway) when the temps start to climb, so this little setup is a solid choice for half day hikes in warm weather.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGButtpack /Prarrie belt LBEButtpack /Prarrie belt LBE