Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBlaze Orange Camo Mountain Serape?Blaze Orange Camo Mountain Serape?
Previous

Next
New Post
5/14/2017 8:45 AM

Hill Brothers,

Have you considered making Mountain Serapes in blaze orange or blaze camo for those of us who need to wear some orange while hunting? It would be great to be able to hike into my Pennsylvania deer stand with a lighter layer on and then throw on a MS in blaze camo. I'd be able to meet the minimum blaze orange requirement and it would break up my outline.

I have a medium MS in coyote which I love, but would buy a second one in blaze camo in a heartbeat.

Dave Markowitz

New Post
5/15/2017 12:16 PM

Dave,

This is the first request I've had for a blaze camo Mountain Serape. The problem with doing a color, such as this, is the minimum quantity we would need to produce would outweigh the demand for such a color. We would have to buy 5k die lot, which would make 300+ pieces, unless it was an off the shelf color.

New Post
5/15/2017 5:57 PM

Thanks, Kevin.
Maybe I can start a trend. :)

Dave Markowitz

New Post
5/15/2017 7:14 PM

Dave,

Although maybe not THE answer you were hoping for, a possible and simple solution might be to get one of these: http://www.bestglide.com/compact_emergency_signal_panel.html or something similar.  Since it has tie-in points already, you could just sew a couple small loops of paracord into place along the shoulder section of a Mountain Serape, and once you get into your deer stand, just tie this panel into it so that you've got the required amount of orange displayed.  If you want to have orange visible on both your front and back, maybe just cut the panel into two equal sizes.  Hang one on your chest, and one off your back.  If they are tied into small paracord loops on the Serape, they'll stay in place pretty well.  Heck, you might just be able to chop it in half and then tie the two opposing ends of paracord from each half together to just throw over your head and overtop the Serape while in your stand. If that worked for your desires, that would definitely give plenty of orange on display for safety.  At only $3.95 each, you could buy a second one to tie onto your backpack, too.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/16/2017 12:17 PM

Great idea, thanks Ken.

Dave Markowitz

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGBlaze Orange Camo Mountain Serape?Blaze Orange Camo Mountain Serape?