Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConner Pack with Load Lifters.Conner Pack with Load Lifters.
Previous

Next
New Post
9/30/2017 6:25 PM

Conner Pack with Load Lifters.

Well my new pack arrived about 2 weeks back and I have now had a few hikes with it and here are my results so far. Very surprise with just how much I can fit in with my load out. The comfort is second to none (I have quite an array of Tactical Packs) enjoyed the harness system very much and found I could move without too much restriction at all.

I am thinking of purchasing a Umlindi with a recon belt and using the Conner as an extra pocket strapped on the front and the M2016 butt pack on top of Umlindi. The only thing I’m worried about is the length of the Umlindi and will it suit my 6.1ft frame?

Very impressed with HPG so far and look forward to any comments & suggestions.

New Post
10/2/2017 9:13 AM

I'm 1 inch taller than you and the Umlindi fits me well, although as others will tell you, when used with a belt it's going to ride lower on your back. Nothing wrong with that, just understand you won't be able to snug it up high and tight like you can with a Connor unless you run it without a belt.

I know someone else did a similar setup to what you're discussing, with the Connor married to an Umlindi and Butt Pack, which is probably the only way you can even make a Connor fit to an Umlindi. However, this seems like an awful lot of attachment points and moving parts just to create something that still isn't going to be that great of a load carrier. Umlindi only has one center stay, and no load lifters. If you're trying to get a setup that's more conducive to adding volume and weight why not just get a Ute? When you look at getting an Umlindi, Butt Pack, and Belt you're already paying similar money to buying a Ute anyways.

Just curious really as to why you're preference would be the setup you inquired about.

New Post
10/8/2017 5:49 AM

Love my Connor as well. The bigger factor in the Umlindi fitting you is torso length not overall height, since it has a different yoke attachment system than the Connor. If you typically wear M-L frame backpacks (y'know, like REI, Osprey, Kelty, etc.), you'll probably be fine.

New Post
10/8/2017 2:59 PM

Thanks GOKARTZ for reply 

Mate I must admit when I first got the Connor (colour Foliage) I was not too keen on the colour; all my other packs are Dry Earth.

In saying that now I know I have made the correct choice. I use this both on day hikes and urban everyday use, I also got a Butt Pack at the same time and use this as my man bag around town.

Very impressed with how this pack rides and feels belt less, I’ve put a 5.11 radio pouch on one of the wings for mobile phone etc as with all my gear and it sits on the wings very well.

Also, a comment on Quality as I’ve seen a new post about this subject. I have had Tactical packs for years now when I compere HPG to my other packs the Quality is very high and design is fantastic.

Hoping to purchase a Aston House in the future.

To the guys at HPG all I can say is thank you and I hope to see you get into the Australian Market sometime soon, sure your products would take off here.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGConner Pack with Load Lifters.Conner Pack with Load Lifters.