Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPlease take my money!  Frustrations over packs/belt not being in stock. Please take my money! Frustrations over packs/belt not being in stock.
Previous

Next
New Post
10/5/2017 6:21 PM

Hello HPG!

Please,  please, please take my money. I've sold off a couple of my Kifaru packs and am ready to be a convert.

I've been trying to order a UTE  (ranger green/khaki), and a range green 27+ belt for the past 2 weeks.

Either the belt is in stock but no pack, then the pack but not the belt and now the belt is in stock...... but not the UTE!

I really wish you took backorders. 

Do you have any ETA on a UTE in Ranger green/khaki, 27+ belt (currently in stock as of me typing), and a Ranger green Connor pack (with straps)?

I really hope to have a new setup before hunting season. 

New Post
10/5/2017 6:28 PM

P.s. I love your kit bags, windcheater and all of your youtube videos. I fear I'm slowly becoming a HPG addict.

New Post
10/6/2017 6:57 AM

Dom - I have been a loyal HPG guy for nearly five years now and have never experienced more than two weeks or so of a gap between re-stocking. Remember, the gear is not mass produced and the quality is well worth the small waiting period. Best practice for myself has been to pick up the pieces as they come in...you will never have a long wait.
Craig

New Post
10/6/2017 7:16 AM

Craig Robertson wrote:
Dom - I have been a loyal HPG guy for nearly five years now and have never experienced more than two weeks or so of a gap between re-stocking. Remember, the gear is not mass produced and the quality is well worth the small waiting period. Best practice for myself has been to pick up the pieces as they come in...you will never have a long wait.
Craig

Thanks Craig.  Usually that's been the case with all my other HPG gear (windcheater, Aston Pack, kit bags etc.)  

It's just been a comical journey waiting for both an Ute AND prarie belt to be in stock at the same time.  When you have to purchase them together for the combo discount, it's a little trickier than just waiting for a single item to pop up.  

I have no problem waiting in line, but just wish they could do backorders. I would gladly wait 3+ months if I knew I was next in line, and not having to constantly be checking the site/email for notification. 

New Post
10/6/2017 7:44 AM

Good to hear that you were not put out, just trying to make the most of the combined gear purchase. I don't worry about it anymore, as every time I get a new piece of awesomeness from HPG, my own gov't hammers me with duties...so I have just accepted the fact that good gear costs good money.

I like the backorder idea too.

New Post
10/6/2017 11:37 AM

Don't want to speak for HPG, as they may not commonly approve of this idea, but when I bought a Qui-Ya and already owned a Prairie belt they gave me a discount on the pack that was roughly equivalent to the price of stand alone belt, since I wasn't getting another belt with that order. If they would do that for you it would allow you to buy the belt now and then the pack as soon as it's available, while still getting the combination package discount that you're seeking.

Worth asking them about. Worst they can do is say no.

New Post
10/6/2017 3:49 PM

Evan took my money!

Thanks again Evan! He cannabilized a Connor pack for me, and the UTE is back in stock! 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPlease take my money!  Frustrations over packs/belt not being in stock. Please take my money! Frustrations over packs/belt not being in stock.