Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit bag on Kelty RedwingKit bag on Kelty Redwing
Previous

Next
New Post
11/6/2017 8:05 AM

I'm very interested in purchasing a couple of kit bags for my companion and me. We frequently hike through "bear" country in Central Florida. We've become comfortable with our Kelty Redwing 50s for our hiking. With the adapters would it easy to attach any of the kit bags to our packs? Are there any tutorials on attaching these to packs other than HPG packs? 

For the record, I would love to try HPG packs, but not quite in the budget at the moment lol. Your gear seems to come highly recommended, though and kit bags would be a great addition to our load. Thanks.

New Post
11/6/2017 10:18 AM

You can wear a Kit Bag under any pack you like. If you want to optionally dock the weight of the KB to your pack's shoulder harness, this series of photos details it:

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/C.../1/ProductID/29

As long as there is a strap somewhere on the shoulder harness to attach a slik clip to, you're good to go.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
11/8/2017 1:10 AM

Oh I see. Thanks a lot. I look forward to getting a couple soon.

New Post
11/10/2017 4:24 PM

Also, can any of the kit bags accommodate a full-size s&w m&p?

New Post
11/10/2017 4:28 PM

The only ones that won't are the Snubby and Original Snubby

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit bag on Kelty RedwingKit bag on Kelty Redwing