Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGColor Combo QuestionColor Combo Question
Previous

Next
New Post
11/27/2017 8:22 AM

Have you guys considered doing a run combining foliage or manatee (whichever is darker) with ranger green? Just curious, as it seems like replacing khaki with grey would be more applicable for blending in the outdoors. 

New Post
11/27/2017 8:36 AM

We've done a couple of sample packs in ranger / manatee. It's a decent color combo, although you have to run all foliage hardware to make it work. What I don't like about it is how it "blobs" out. The manatee and ranger are actually very close in luminosity without being very different in color. So it is easy for it to look like a single solid color, which blends in less well than the ranger/ khaki contrast. We are looking very hard at some alternate colors across the lineup for this coming year.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
11/27/2017 10:19 AM

Thanks Evan. Looking at it more, I see what you mean about them almost appearing to be a solid color when they are used together. Wonder if using stone and ranger would create more of that distinct contrast to the gear while still blending well in outdoor environments. Either way, fun stuff to think about. Looking forward to seeing what new color options and combos may be coming in the next year.

New Post
11/27/2017 7:36 PM

I’m not gonna hold my breath but black and coyote combo would be amazing. I’m running a black Connor with a coyote Pals Pocket together and really dig the color combo. It doesn’t look at all tactical like I was afraid it might. To me it’s the perfect mix of subdued color that also fits in with edc situations and has awesome contrast. 

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGColor Combo QuestionColor Combo Question