Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHeavy Recon Kitbag QuestionsHeavy Recon Kitbag Questions
Previous

Next
New Post
12/13/2017 12:23 PM

I have to carry around a medbag with couple H bandages, some combat gauze, burn wrap and some other stuff.  I usually mount it to my belt and it ends up flopping everywhere because it is so heavy and think.  Was looking to the Heavy Recon Bag as a replacement, but I wouldn't being using it as a chest rig but cinching it onto the back side of my gun belt.

question is, are the plastic fasteners/buckles the ones with the breaks in them for removal or are they sewn in?

New Post
12/13/2017 2:17 PM

They're split. But if you're going to attach it to the back of a belt, why not use the M2016 Butt Pack?

New Post
12/13/2017 2:53 PM

Let's start with the basics. What kind of gun belt are you using? In particular, the width dimensions on the backside. How are you thinking of attaching it? Does it need to swing around or will you remove the belt to get to the kit.. I second the butt back as it was made for this. Not sure how you would mount a kit bag to your belt?

New Post
12/13/2017 5:25 PM

My unit is on a coyote brown only rampage since people started pushing the limits.  If the buttpack was full coyote that would be a no brainer, same with the prairie belt, but gotta work with wat is available.  I was going to slap the shoulder straps and a prairie belt on a TT Malice frame  and slap my ible on it but I dont want to get blasted for ranger green.

New Post
12/13/2017 5:31 PM

Elk Chaser60 wrote:
Let's start with the basics. What kind of gun belt are you using? In particular, the width dimensions on the backside. How are you thinking of attaching it? Does it need to swing around or will you remove the belt to get to the kit.. I second the butt back as it was made for this. Not sure how you would mount a kit bag to your belt?

I use http://www.snakeeatertactical.com/product/set-war-belt/.  I plan on using a couple of standard nylon straps with a buckle on either end, and the middle has hook on one side, loop on the other, so it doesnt shift when u place it between the pad and the belt. ANd then low-profile suspenders where those staps connect on the back to prevent too much sag.

New Post
12/15/2017 5:54 PM

coyote product availability is going to start easing up a bit in the new year for you guys who need it. starting with Prairie Belts.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
12/15/2017 6:42 PM

evanhill wrote:
coyote product availability is going to start easing up a bit in the new year for you guys who need it. starting with Prairie Belts.

This happen to include full coyote buttpack?

New Post
12/16/2017 1:27 PM

no plans at this time. we'll start slow with expanding coyote, and it's being driven by military demand.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHeavy Recon Kitbag QuestionsHeavy Recon Kitbag Questions