Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGtarahumara shoulder strap fitting and shock cord usage?tarahumara shoulder strap fitting and shock cord usage?
Previous

Next
New Post
12/22/2017 3:53 PM

Just received my multicam black tara today and I'm beyond stoked.  Is there a fitting guideline for the pack?  I see where the pack rides on other users from the forum here but just curious if there is a recommended fitting? I'm also curious what the intended use for these shock cords on the shoulder straps of my Tarahumara are.  Any suggestions?

New Post
12/23/2017 5:08 AM

Can't help with the fitting, but the shock cords can hold a water bottle, gloves, a hat, I think some people even use them to hold electronics (GPS?). I mainly use them for hats and gloves that I take off once I get moving, and then want to put back on when I slow down. I usually remove one from each side though as one per side is plenty for my uses.

New Post
12/24/2017 3:48 AM

I usually remove one of the shock cords on each shoulder strap and then attach them through the tabs adjacent to the slot pockets on the sides.  This gives me a bit of extra retention for water bottles carried there.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGtarahumara shoulder strap fitting and shock cord usage?tarahumara shoulder strap fitting and shock cord usage?