Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bag V2 Build Quality?Kit Bag V2 Build Quality?
Previous

Next
New Post
2/28/2018 10:51 AM

Recently I got a new black kit bag v2 and have some questions about its build quality.

It has unfinished(loose) threads, partial double stitch, melted nylon strap(a very little though). image link attached below.

https://imgur.com/a/PljZi

As I'm new to HPG gear and have heard so much good things about them, I want to check if this is normal or not.

I already sent emails to "info@hillpeoplegear.com" but there's no answer so far. perhaps something wrong with email delivery..

I wonder someone who experienced HPG gears could tell me about my question.

New Post
2/28/2018 11:26 AM

I apologize that no one got back to you. In cases like this we go back to First Spear, who does are manufacturing, to see how they want to address the issue. That was done the day we got your email, and we just forgot to let you know what is going on. Bottom line since you are in Korea it doesn't make sense to have you send it back for repair or inspection, so we are just going to send you a new one. We are waiting to get it in hand and it will be sent to you as soon as we get it. I asked Kevin to follow up with you via email.

To address the issues you raise, mistakes do happen which is why we get FS involved. That makes it a self fixing problem to a large extent. Our rate of issues is still less than 1% and we still catch a lot of those before they even go out, but given we ship out hundreds of products every week, stuff does slip through.. That doesn't help you out as you are the unlucky one. Looking at your pictures, it looks like the pattern got slightly miss-aligned, but it is hard to tell.

As far as the white dots, those are the chalk marks for the pattern, and are on all our products, FS products, and products they do for other OEM customers. If they bug you a bit of water and rubbing will make them go away, or just use it a couple of times and they will disappear. It would be cost and time prohibitive to go back and remove them from all the products.

I apologize again that you didn't get a response, but we have been working on it since we got your email.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
2/28/2018 12:21 PM

Thank you for your immediate reply. and the solution you mentioned is great for me.

Actually I've waited for a black aston house bc and found out it's available yesterday, but I had to hesitate for making a purchase because of my kit bag quality.
I eventually decided to give it a try again and placed an order just before your reply.

Now I'm happy for my decision and hope to get a good one in this time.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGKit Bag V2 Build Quality?Kit Bag V2 Build Quality?