Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie Belt H HarnessPrairie Belt H Harness
Previous

Next
New Post
8/1/2018 9:01 PM

Has anyone used the prairie belt and shoulder harness as an H Harness? I feel it would be great for carrying gear on a day hike or rifle load out as I did in the military and want to try it. I am not sure if I have all the straps needed for the setup, I have the original Kit bag, tarahumara, Ute and recon belt. So 2 shoulder harnesses, a recon belt and a prairie belt. Can I strip what I have to setup a H harness with the prairie belt or recon belt? Any help would be awesome, Thanks!

New Post
8/8/2018 1:08 PM

If you look at the pictures on the Prairie Belt product page you will see how to set it up. All you really need extra is straps to go from the harness to the belt in back. You should be able to use what you have to make it happen. The Recon belt is a bit harder to do, but still pretty easy if you think it through. There was a write up a number of years ago now in a magazine and the guy who did it was very happy. I don't know how many other folks are doing it.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPrairie Belt H HarnessPrairie Belt H Harness