Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHuntingHunting
Previous

Next
New Post
9/23/2018 7:48 PM

So with hunting what all do you carry in your packs? I’ve got a get home bag that stays in my truck. I have thought of using it as both a hunting pack and the intended get home bag but at the same time I’ve thought of having two designated bags one for each thing. Any suggestions on what to carry in a hunting pack verses what might be carried in a get home bag?

New Post
9/24/2018 10:37 AM

If you haven't already take a look at the equipages: https://hillpeoplegear.com/Education/Equipage
The only difference between my normal day pack and my "hunting" pack is that I include my "kill" kit, which is basically a one gallon zip lock bag that has everything I need in it to process and carry game. I guess there is one other difference. In years past I draped a orange vest over the pack for most of the fall as seasons come and go. Now I just switch out for an orange kit bag and pals pocket. I basically use the same day pack for everything with the same load out. The only difference is if I need to add specialty equipment for the specific task. I do have a light and heavy day pack, but other then that it is easy because I just grab my pack, and don't have to worry about which pack.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
9/24/2018 3:33 PM

Would I be better off adding a buttpack or a pals pocket to my Aston house bc? I’ve thought of adding some of my gear either to a front pocket to free up space for extras or just use the addition of pockets for different applications. What would you recommend?

New Post
9/24/2018 3:40 PM

I would put a Palspocket underneath the Aston Panel. You don't even really need to attach it, just capture it under the panel. That way you can just set it aside when you need to get into the main pack, and you can add it or remove it easily based on your space needs.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
9/25/2018 11:27 AM

Thank you for the advice. Now I just have to wait for them to come back in stock. Had thought of using the buttpack but wasn’t sure it could attach to sag the bottom of the Aston house bc.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHuntingHunting