Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRadio Pouch for Red SAR V3 Kit BagRadio Pouch for Red SAR V3 Kit Bag
Previous

Next
New Post
11/23/2018 12:30 PM

Has anyone found a radio pouch for this Kit Bag that they like? I have a Motorola APX 6000, with the extended battery. I have tried a Tactical Tailor that I used with my Recon KB, but that was with a much smaller radio. I have the large TT size, but I’m not thrilled with it. Suggestions?

New Post
11/23/2018 3:19 PM

MtnRanger,

I use the HPG small pouch.  I don't have the new First Responder Kit bag, I have the Heavy Recon Kit bag that I use for SAR. I also have the original Kit Bag I use for fishing  only.

The small pouch works well with my radio, a Kenwood TK 2170.  The 2170 measures about the same as your radio except yours is about 1/2 inch taller.  My 2170 measures 4 1/2" X 2 1/4" X 1 1/2".  (Tall wide depth).

Hope this helps, Have a nice Holiday

New Post
11/24/2018 7:20 PM

First Spear makes a really nice lightweight pouch they call the RTO. I have been using a couple of these on my LE rigs for years now. They are secure, protect the radio, and the 6/9 system docks well with MOLLE. I highly recommend it. I use it for an XTS 5000 series radio.

The Blue Force Gear Double M4 mag pouch also works really well as a multifunction pouch that holds a radio, water bottle, one or two M4 mags, TQ, etc.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGRadio Pouch for Red SAR V3 Kit BagRadio Pouch for Red SAR V3 Kit Bag