Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill it fit?Will it fit?
Previous

Next
New Post
1/3/2019 4:34 PM

I've researched quite a bit, but I’m not seeing much in the way of load outs like I’m considering. I’m seeing a lot of survival/trail type gear, and I’m more concerned with what I consider hunting/shooting essentials.

I'm trying to decide if a kit bag will do what I want it to. Considering the Original V2. I’m coming from an FHF gear bino harness and want to have the items below at hand:

S&W 629 4” in the holster/rear pocket

Vortex Razor 10X42s in main area of the middle pocket. They’re roughly 6” tall x 5” wide x 2” deep.

Kestrel 5700 Elite in an interior slot pocket in middle compartment.

Sig Kilo 2200 in an interior slot pocket in middle compartment.

5 rnd AICS magazine in the front zippered pocket.

My main concern are the bino’s, I think I can get everything else to fit…

My plan is to use this in conjunction with a small day pack with the load lifters. Anyone have a similar setup? Is this too ambitious? I’m really getting tired of fighting my gear… Obviously I can’t do all this with the FHF, its great but limited, it can’t really do the revolver or the magazine effectively.

Thanks in advance!

New Post
1/3/2019 6:51 PM

Unfortunately I am not really familiar with all those items' sizes specifically, but I am going to say I don't think so.  If you were carrying a semi-auto it would be a "probably will fit", but will be tight, but the extra width of the 44 cylinder is what gives me pause.  You might be able to work around it with the binos in the barrel area, and the sig kilo in the grip area, but I don't think it will all go. 

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
1/3/2019 8:55 PM

huklebry wrote:

I've researched quite a bit, but I’m not seeing much in the way of load outs like I’m considering. I’m seeing a lot of survival/trail type gear, and I’m more concerned with what I consider hunting/shooting essentials.

I'm trying to decide if a kit bag will do what I want it to. Considering the Original V2. I’m coming from an FHF gear bino harness and want to have the items below at hand:

S&W 629 4” in the holster/rear pocket

Vortex Razor 10X42s in main area of the middle pocket. They’re roughly 6” tall x 5” wide x 2” deep.Kestrel 570

You need an HPG Heavy Cover with the HPG Bino Pouch.  Rangefinder inside the front pocket inside an HPG "Bucket?"

New Post
1/3/2019 10:54 PM

Ok. I don't have all my stuff with me but based off the SAR v2 which is a similar bag. I put a book in the middle compartment 1.5" x6" x9 " fits with a 308 sized mag on the left and a kestrel in the right. It barely closes. The mag can also fit in the slot pocket that zippers. However, my concern is the constant access into the middle compartment for binos and Kilo won't be able to zip in bad weather and can possibly dump in a critical situation. I think you would be better off with a heavy recon and HPG Bino Pouch or your FHF gear bino attached to the heavy recon. You lose the outer zipper and the binos might stick out more than the FHF but it takes care of all your wants. Since the strap sucks down from the middle compartment any open space will be compressed. Depending how full you stuff it. PM me an email address and I can send you pics.

New Post
1/4/2019 8:00 AM

I have the Vortex Talon HD 10x42s, which are a similar size as the Razors. I think that carrying a full size .44 revolver and the 10x42s (plus the other stuff you mention) is too much in a V2. As others have suggested, the Heavy Recon with an external bino pouch is probably the best way to go.

New Post
1/4/2019 11:35 AM

I'm not on the cleared list and am brand new to the forum, so I can't PM. My email is huklebry at gmail dot com if you want to send some pics.

New Post
1/5/2019 12:42 PM

Pictures added to the OP

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGWill it fit?Will it fit?