Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPack FitmentPack Fitment
Previous

Next
New Post
7/13/2019 4:50 PM

Really enjoy and appreciate the new consolidated "Pack Fitment" section of the website. Provides much needed information necessary to get the most out of your pack's design.

Thanks.

New Post
7/17/2019 4:25 PM

Long overdue! Glad it's helping.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
7/25/2019 9:49 AM

I really like it… I do have a question in regards to matching the stays: how close to each other do they need to be? As an amateur first-time stay-bender, it's pretty difficult getting them to match each other, but that may be my attention to detail working on overtime.

New Post
7/25/2019 12:47 PM

You want them as close as possible unless your back is asymmetrical (different on both sides). What I do is shape one stay to may back, and then just shape the other one to match it. To make it easier on myself I will put 1 and 2 on the stays in sharpie during shaping. It does take a bit of experience to shape it right.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGPack FitmentPack Fitment