Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralTipis, Tents, Tarps, and trailers (2018)???Tipis, Tents, Tarps, and trailers (2018)???
Previous

Next
New Post
2/14/2018 1:39 PM

Thanks for the tips! Adding a pullout to the backside is a good call. 

New Post
2/23/2018 7:29 PM

I have 2 setups.

The "me" setup: my Landcruiser is always setup ready for hunting, the seats fold down and I have a platform for sleeping. Super comfy. This is my go to setup as I'm in the field 50 days a year.

The family setup:
21 foot Jayco Jayflight loaded and ready to go - just need the food box and daypacks (and my discrete guitar case (long gun) and my guitar. I even knocked out part of my side yard wall to access my main sewer vent so I can dump at home...or put the in-laws there when they visit. I pull that with a Touareg TDI

New Post
2/24/2018 12:55 PM

For those of you with trailers, how are you storing them?
I think we'll probably wind up with a small travel trailer at some point. My concern is keeping it from getting ate up by the six months of rain we get here every year. So I'll need some kind of cover, or shelter for it. The RV covers look like a giant pain, so I'm going to have to contrive some kind of overhead shelter that will stand up to our wind loads here.

New Post
2/25/2018 4:06 PM

Unfortunately, I have to store mine at my sister's pasture and under trees which are a real pain when it comes to sap and general dirt. I've normally avoided covers because besides being a pain, they can scuff the finish if the wind whips them much. Covers must be the breathable sort if you want to avoid moisture problems inside the camper. If you can put up some sort of permanent structure to store it in/under, you can greatly increase its lifetime. That was a virtue to my pop ups, they went right in the garage. Might be able to manage that with the pop up truck camper eventually, but need a dolly, some space and repairs to the driveway. I can dream.

New Post
2/26/2018 7:34 AM

Thanks for the ideas. I had no idea the rear seat would come out that easily. I'm going to get in there with a measuring tape and see what I can do. I could get out more often with a set up like that.

I'm planning on getting a Suburban when I retire in a couple years. I want to build a sleeping platform that can store gear underneath. I've lived in Ohio all my life and plan on seeing more of the US, especially the West.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralTipis, Tents, Tarps, and trailers (2018)???Tipis, Tents, Tarps, and trailers (2018)???