Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralAny Experience with Cabelas XPG Ultralight Tents?Any Experience with Cabelas XPG Ultralight Tents?
Previous

Next
New Post
7/23/2018 9:47 AM

I am trying to take some weight out of my Ute and its time for a new tent. Normally, that would mean an REI tent for me as I have had great luck with them and dealing with issues at the store is easy... but I don't have an REI near me anymore. I do however have a Cabelas somewhat nearby. I noticed the Cabelas XPG Ultralight 2 recently and it looks interesting on paper.

It's relatively light (a little over 3 pounds) but still has a 30D floor which I like versus a lot of the lighter tents with 15 or 20D floors. North Idaho's Selkirk granite can be tough on floors. It also has DAC NFL poles, DAC stakes, okay pack size, and comes with a footprint. The price is very attractive and Cabelas is usually pretty good about making things right if something goes wrong.

The high sides created by the single ridge pole look like they would catch wind which is a concern.

Does anyone have experience with this particular tent?

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralAny Experience with Cabelas XPG Ultralight Tents?Any Experience with Cabelas XPG Ultralight Tents?