Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Anyone Using a 10mm M1911 for Woods/Bear Defense?Anyone Using a 10mm M1911 for Woods/Bear Defense?
Previous

Next
New Post
5/2/2017 5:27 PM

I had a DW razorback 10mm a few years ago.  It took some work from a local gunsmith to get running.  I shot it quite a bit when I had it(3000 or so rounds).  All factory doubletap ammo.  At one time the price was not too bad and I had less children so take that for what its worth.

I could never really get good shooting it in improvised positions because the point of impact would change depending on how hard I gripped it.  I dont remember exactly but I seem to remember as much as a 6" vertical difference from firing in a good squared position with strong grip to a less strong position.

Take all this with a grain of salt though because this was a few years ago.  At the time I was shooting 8-10k rounds of centerfire a year but was on the upswing of learing the pistol skill-set.  I still had alot to learn about marksmanship(I still do, but am in quite a different place on that curve).

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Anyone Using a 10mm M1911 for Woods/Bear Defense?Anyone Using a 10mm M1911 for Woods/Bear Defense?