Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...RGS w/ New Synthetic Stock & Some New Modifications. RGS w/ New Synthetic Stock & Some New Modifications.
Previous

Next
New Post
7/18/2017 6:07 PM

Wait....where did you come up with an
MP10? Would that be MP5/10?

New Post
7/18/2017 6:27 PM

Sorry about that. I mean my S&W MP10 .308 AR. I was an armorer and instructor at my agency on the MP5; I would've liked an opportunity to try an MP5/10.

New Post
7/18/2017 10:36 PM

BobM wrote:
Sorry about that. I mean my S&W MP10 .308 AR. I was an armorer and instructor at my agency on the MP5; I would've liked an opportunity to try an MP5/10.

They are pretty sweet. I wish some one would make a good "semi-subgun" in 10mm.

New Post
8/2/2017 9:33 AM

Sorry to continue drift but was armorer at my agency when we ran MP5/40 for Narcs & SWAT. Love my issued Commando, but would be happier w my HK buzz gun.

Last time I was at our regional 2-man office they had both an MP5/10 and 1928 Thompson in the safe. Wanted to go shooting, but they can only check them out for operations or scheduled training after SAC pre-approval.

Id be in for SBR MP5/10 SA, in heartbeat.

New Post
8/2/2017 10:04 AM

Indeed. The gun companies are completely missing the boat by not having a 10mm semi carbine. HK should bring out a civ Mp5/10.

New Post
5/18/2018 5:48 PM

I come from a background with recreation .22 silhouette shooting, positional shooting at long range field matches and 3 gun as well as a couple carbine classes. The two slings that I have found myself using are the Magpul MS series slings and a TAB gear sling on most of my rifles. I have not attended a class specifically for scout type rifles or the the type of shooting that comes along with them. However, I do have access to a range which has steel out to 1400 yards and I have, on occasion, taken my GSR out and rung 2-3 MOA steel plates at 500 yards using the Magpul sling on my GSR and the TAB gear sling on my long range setup. To the OP, if you have the chance to borrow or try out several types of slings, you may be able to better narrow down what works for you. As mentioned by other posters, it is just as important to find a sling that fits you and works best for the types of shooting you will be engaging in as opposed to picking a sling according to a traditional dogma of a specific platform or type of shooting. Like they say, there is always more than one way to skin a cat.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...RGS w/ New Synthetic Stock & Some New Modifications. RGS w/ New Synthetic Stock & Some New Modifications.