Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Ruger Mini 14Ruger Mini 14
Previous

Next
New Post
11/22/2015 6:01 PM

Hey folks!  Not sure if this should wind up on this thread, or the Classifieds thread, so I will start here but please correct me if I made a mistake.

I have a Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle that I really love.  It is a solid gun, something small and light enough that it perfectly fits the role of  a "truck gun" (or in my case, a Subaru Baja!), yet has enough in it to mean business.  Also, for someone who is not really turned on by the entire tactical AR look, the simple wooden stock and classic rifle look really keep me content - but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate some really tricked out rigs!

Anyone else have a Mini-14?  Have you done any modifications or improvements to it?

I want to use stripper clips with my rifle in the same fashion as the M14 or M1A - not just to load the magazine while it is removed from the rifle, but to load rounds on stripper clips directly into the rifle.  The problem is that the Mini-14 does not have a clip guide attached to the receiver like its older siblings.  Does anyone know someone who has made one, or can fabricate one up?

Thank you in advance, and happy shooting!

New Post
11/23/2015 4:59 PM

I like the Mini-14. IIRC it is legal in places AR's aren't. I think putting a stripper clip guide on a Mini-14 would be pretty expensive and probably involve drilling and tapping, and maybe machining. I don't know anyone who does it but would also be interested in hearing more.

New Post
11/23/2015 8:57 PM

If you're in the Denver, CO area I would be interested in taking a look at it. I'm a welder and have access to a CNC mill at work, as well as a Jr. and Sr. engineer if it got to that level of complexity.

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children."

New Post
11/30/2015 6:29 PM

Maine to Colorado... Just a bit too far :/

I greatly appreciate the offer - sounds like you have all the resources! 

New Post
9/26/2017 1:14 PM

Holy Dead thread.....

but if still interested.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/F6F44ACLP/mini-14-clip-guide-582-usgi 

New Post
9/26/2017 5:51 PM

Better late than never!  Thank you so much for the link!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...Ruger Mini 14Ruger Mini 14