Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...The Fix by Q (GPR)The Fix by Q (GPR)
Previous

Next
New Post
9/17/2018 1:09 PM

I have been researching the Fix rifle by Q.  It sure looks to be a neat idea with lots of features I think are pretty cool. 

Does anyone have any time behind one or know someone who does?  Any issues or concerns yet?

The adjustable comb and length of pull are big selling points for me and the side folder would sure help it fix into a smaller sack or pouch.

I really like the AR type tubular hand guards on field rifles.  The ability to mount bipods, Arca places, lights, and sling swivels about anyplace you want is a big selling point.

I am a huge fan of GOOD two stage triggers on field guns.  The Fix is supposed to come with a nice trigger.

The overall weight of the rifle seems to go about ~6-7.5lb empty.  That is light for what you get.

Others may scuff and fuss but I think a 16.5” 6.5CM or 308W in a light handy, DURABLE, and boringly accurate package would sure cover a lot of ground.  Add a TBAC Ultra 7 and the OAL is about what a 24” would be.

My biggest concern is the limited barrel length options and twist rates. Dave Tooley is doing the chambering and barrel work on the Bartlein barrels and I assume a good barrel smith could cut the 22” 6.5CM barrel back to 16.5” without too much hassle. 

Cabela’s is carrying them and I would bet others will follow.

What are your thoughts or opinions?

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

New Post
9/18/2018 4:49 PM

I'm sure it'll shoot if Tooley's involved.  At 7.6#, it is light for what it is but still not Scout lite.  My Steyr is lighter and I'll wager is as accurate (19in bbl 308).  If you do go that route I'd not lop anything off of a Creed barrel (it needs length to burn the powder).  I'd stick with a 308 for a shorty. 

Did I mention I have a Steyr Scout? With a 3# "glass-rod" trigger?

New Post
9/18/2018 8:46 PM

The Fix and the Scout concept seem to have several overlapping properties.  Light, handy, accurate, adjustable, common caliber, etc.

The 308W Fix comes in at 6.2lbs with a 2.5lb two stage trigger.  It does have a 16" instead of 19" Scout barrel.  The Fix may be a bit heaveir profile, but that is a guess.

I woudl bet that both rifles will (or better) hold sub moa groups over a varitey of conditions with quality ammo.

Neither are cheap...but quality rarley is.  

Talk is cheap...lets compare fur checks.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsFirearms and Sk...Firearms and Sk...The Fix by Q (GPR)The Fix by Q (GPR)