Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereWinter Skills Class 2017 - February 17-19 - Camp Como, Como ColoradoWinter Skills Class 2017 - February 17-19 - Camp Como, Como Colorado
Previous

Next
New Post
10/4/2016 9:25 AM

The 2017 Winter Skills class will be held at Camp Como, Como Colorado the weekend of February 17-19th (noon to noon).  The structure will be different from last year in that most of the lecture will be provided via online content in advance through the HPG Longhouse Series and more time will be spent out and about. We are still working to finalize topics so if there is something you really want to learn about please let us know, but no guarantees.  More will be posted as we finalize, but I wanted to give folks more time to plan travel.  Denver is the closest major airport.  If you are coming in from close to sea level planing an overnight in Denver before heading up to Como is a good plan as it is up at elevation. 

Cost (should be similar to last year) and signup will be up in the next couple of weeks.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
11/6/2016 6:34 AM

Ann and I are looking forward to attending again this winter.

New Post
11/22/2016 4:32 PM

I can hardly wait for this event to get within 25 meter range.  Very much looking forward to getting back out into those gorgeous Rocky Mountains.  The HPG Winter Events have become the high point of each winter season for me.  This year, we plan to spend a lot more time outside doing hands-on practical application.  Forum folks....jump on board!  You won't regret it!

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
11/23/2016 11:33 AM

Howdy, everyone! Won't be able to make it this time, got married and we're having the actual wedding that weekend. I was looking forward to going and bringing my wife, Sabrina, along this time. Y'all have a good time! We'll definitely be going to the next one! -David

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereWinter Skills Class 2017 - February 17-19 - Camp Como, Como ColoradoWinter Skills Class 2017 - February 17-19 - Camp Como, Como Colorado