Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereSmokey Mountain WildfiresSmokey Mountain Wildfires
Previous

Next
New Post
12/19/2016 10:26 AM

I don't post here much , as I don't have the time, But wanted to share my experience with you gear in not so ideal situations. I got deployed for CAT and SAR recon for the Smokey Mountain Wildfires, which was also a home to me for 28 years. (Born and raised). It was rapid and fast, Had to ruck up some areas that cars couldn't make it to do recon and surveillance on BFS properties. ( Adjuster work)  I invested in HPG rucks, pockets and bags, and other components and have to say, it stood some rough abuse. Heavy Smoke ,rain, Smoldering trees, rapid temp changes, airports, rucks and what ever else this modern day hell could throw at me and it backed me up 110%. To say in a sense your product and I became very well acquainted and it never let me down 1 time. So this really isn't a gear review, but more of a thank you, for making a product that had my 6. Here are a few pics of conditions it was in:

New Post
12/20/2016 1:16 PM

Great photos--amazing there wasn't more loss of life, really...the winds were unreal even here in the Valley. Otherwise, I don't envy the folks working the Chimney's 2 fire--that's "hands and knees" territory, a lot of it, even under ideal conditions.

New Post
12/20/2016 2:59 PM

Thank you Creational Bear. There is a lot more behind the scenes the SAR , NG and Local Police are still working out, which I am mot at liberty to say. But that Fire did a number on those beautiful mountains. And being how the Volunteer state is, It still blows me away at how many people from all walks of life come together to help a fellow local and tourist who have lost everything get back on their feet. In such a distaste its a beautiful thing to see. 

New Post
12/20/2016 6:13 PM

I'll be very interested in what they do with access to that part of the Park--with that much Anakeesta slate, you have to think landslides will be an issue for years to come. At any rate, it's great to hear recovery efforts are going well.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereSmokey Mountain WildfiresSmokey Mountain Wildfires