Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Theretwo new HPG bits and two peakstwo new HPG bits and two peaks
Previous

Next
New Post
5/7/2017 2:10 PM

Just received a Runner's kit bag and a Tarahumara pack, figured I'd head to the high country and attemtp to bag a couple of Peaks in the Elkhorrns. No surprise still a lot of snow in the high country (was on shoes probably 10-ish miles of the 15 mile loop).  The kit bag and pack performed very well- the harness style setup of the Tara is similar to some of my running packs and carries very nicely.  The kit bag carried nicely as well and kept needed/used items handy.

from Elkhorn Peak

from near Crow Peak

from Crow Peak

New Post
5/8/2017 8:41 AM

One of the nicest parts of Oregon! Kind of a low snow year for you? Thanks for the pictures.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
5/8/2017 9:13 AM

actually West-Central Montana :) ; above average snow year for us- the tops of the peaks stay relatively clear of snow- wind and more sun, but there were lots of places that were still 6'+ of snow

New Post
5/8/2017 10:05 AM

New Post
5/9/2017 3:06 PM

Go figure that there would be more than one set of Elkhorn Mountains. And the reason I like the OR Elkhorns is because they look like the Rockies.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
5/9/2017 5:41 PM

I looked up the Oregon Elkhorns and some pics- you would be very hard pressed to tell from the pics which range you were in; now I'm excited about exploring a new range :)

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Theretwo new HPG bits and two peakstwo new HPG bits and two peaks