Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therea quick overnighter w/ my Tarahumaraa quick overnighter w/ my Tarahumara
Previous

Next
New Post
6/18/2017 2:38 PM

Definitely not designed for an overnighter, but always good to get a little practice with minimal kit.  My other goal was to try and get some early high lake fishing in with my Tenkara setup.

sleep/shelter was pretty light/low volume- 50 degree Apex quilt, neoair short, eVENT bivy; I knew temps would be at or below freezing so it was pushing the envelope a bit

got into a quite a bit of snow

but the views made it worthwhile

I lucked out and the lakes were unfrozen (just barely I would say) AND the cutthroats cooperated

I camped at the upper lake, needed to find a good sheltered spot and found this boulder- supplemented with some rock wings

firewood- check

home for the night

I got up at 4:00 AM and called it good (it was cold!), ate a quick breakfast, packed up, donned my headlamp and headed out.  Was quickly warmed by the hiking and 8 miles and now light, back at the truck headed into town for a real breakfast :)

New Post
6/18/2017 4:10 PM

Cool report! Now....where were ya?

New Post
6/18/2017 5:38 PM

thanks! Big Belt Mountains (Central Montana)

New Post
6/19/2017 9:04 AM

great trip! that's pushing the envelope for sure on nighttime insulation.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/19/2017 12:03 PM

thanks- definitely; good to know where the comfort limits are- also good to know I'd still be kicking after an unexpected cold night out, albeit it kicking a little slower than normal :)

New Post
6/24/2017 4:50 AM

Great post!, what is your tenkara set up? I see the ebira case.

New Post
6/24/2017 9:19 AM

All you pictures seem to be disabled on my end. Something about "3rd party hot disabled".

New Post
6/24/2017 1:07 PM

evidently I've exceeded my bandwidth on Photobucket, supposedly it will reset it's self after a certain amount of time

I'll see if I can find a workaround?????

New Post
6/25/2017 9:10 AM

pics back up- used a new hosting site

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut Therea quick overnighter w/ my Tarahumaraa quick overnighter w/ my Tarahumara