Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereBig Bend and HPGBig Bend and HPG
Previous

Next
New Post
6/7/2017 9:13 PM

This is my first post to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Central Texas outside of Austin and do a fair amount of hiking/backpacking/camping in the area. My Disneyland is Big Bend National Park. The first product I bought from HPG was the Tarahumara and got to use it over the Christmas holiday 2016. Here are a few pics from that trip:

New Post
6/8/2017 7:40 AM

You posted the images correctly, but there is a permissions issue on the google end it looks like. Looking forward to seeing your pictures. My first job was at Lost Pines Scout Reservation teaching Orienteering and Camping merit badges. Lots of time in central TX -- I'm afraid we were hooligans on unsupervised backpacking trips out at Enchanted when I had just gotten my license, Scot was the bad influence, and our sister hadn't yet turned into an upstanding citizen to keep things in check. Some good trips out to Big Bend, the Guadalupes, and the Davis mountains over the years. People who haven't been there don't get it, but that west TX country is as big and wild as it gets anywhere in the lower 48.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/8/2017 10:29 AM

Hey Evan, Thanks for the reply. I edited my post and used imgur for the pics this time around. Let me know if there is any trouble. 

New Post
6/8/2017 1:57 PM

Very nice pictures. This was a "trip" bordering on photo expedition!

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
6/25/2017 9:14 AM

nice pics; I've added Big Bend to my bucket list :)

New Post
6/25/2017 12:48 PM

mtwarden wrote:

nice pics; I've added Big Bend to my bucket list :)

Take a Glock, or a 1911(if you must) :) The Age of Trump has probably diminished the threat level there but it still has one.

New Post
6/25/2017 2:11 PM

:) don't leave home without it

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsOut ThereOut ThereBig Bend and HPGBig Bend and HPG