Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)
Previous

Next
New Post
1/11/2017 8:08 PM

I get what you mean by the Wolf. It is too cool of a color giving it that bluish look in certain lighting conditions. It's not terrible, but If it was warmed up a bit it would work better in the city and the backcountry. The Manatee Windcheater material does not have the blue undertones and is one of the better solid colors I've seen for blending into a variety of environments, including urban.

New Post
1/12/2017 7:50 AM

I hadn't appreciated how well the manatee colour fits in so well in so many environments. Those are the best photos I have come across to show just how well it works. This is definitely my next purchase...it will then be a toss up between my coyote one and this new one but, I will hold off to see the RG one. The FS pics do not show it very well. The agony of choices!

New Post
1/17/2017 5:49 PM

Any ETA on the next shipment of ruffs? My WC looks naked without one...

New Post
1/19/2017 11:19 AM

We are expecting to have Ruffs in by early-mid March. Hopefully we have some sooner but that is the estimated time frame.

New Post
Yesterday @ 8:14 PM

Is there much difference in size between the FS version and the HPG version across the back and sleeves? I have a Large FS Windcheater and the body fits great, but the sleeves feel too short across the back, and whenever I lift my arms up, or raise a rifle/pistol the sleeves pull. It's fine for around town, but very annoying if I'm doing anything with aerobic movements.

I'm 5'11 (180), athletic build, not ridiculously muscular, and I didn't think I had knuckle dragger length arms until now!

I'm between a Large in t-shirts, L/XL in most mountaineering garments (Large in a MH Torch), (Large or XL in a RAB Xenon X) (Large in Montane Extreme Smock) maybe I'm just used to fabric that has more stretch/give.

So, does the HPG version have similar cut across the back and arms? If it does, then I will definitely go for the XL once Ranger Green comes in.... and live with the baggy torso.

Than you everyone!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGFS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)FS Wind Cheater (with an HPG version underway)

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear