Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket mod question Tarapocket mod question
Previous

Next
New Post
3/20/2017 12:07 AM

Picked up a PALS pocket recently and I just don't like it as much as I'd hoped. 

How difficult would it be to run a single strip of webbing top to bottom down the inside center of the back panel, similar to the vertical daisy chains in the Highlander? Would I need to disassemble the pack, or could I manage with my home machine and some maneuvering? 

Thanks! 

New Post
3/23/2017 8:13 AM

Why not just get a Tara panel?

Without seeing your setup or knowing your skill level, yes in theory you should be able to add velcro to the interior.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/23/2017 2:24 PM

I guess I didn't make that clear. I'm thinking of getting the Tarapocket and modding it as described. Sort of a tiny Highlander.

New Post
3/23/2017 2:33 PM

I understand, but my point is get the tarapocket and a Tarapanel and no mods needed.

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
3/24/2017 12:06 PM

Ah, I thought panel was a mis-speak meaning pocket.

I have the Aston Insert and I'm kinda ambivalent about it and really only use it as my paddle trip kitchen organizer. I'm a stuff sack guy, but the insert would definitely work.

And they are in stock, so why not! :D

New Post
3/24/2017 8:09 PM

I had my insert sitting around for a few weeks before I tried it out. I now use it all the time. I need to order another one for different load outs. You will like it. It is simple and awesome!

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGTarapocket mod question Tarapocket mod question

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear