Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Mountain ParkaHPG Mountain Parka
Previous

Next
New Post
5/9/2016 12:17 PM

Sorry guys... not a product announcement just yet but I made the mistake of posting a picture of this on IG and FB this morning so I needed a place to point people to for information.

First off, here's an earlier thread that covers a fair amount.

Original eVent prototype:

Current neoshell production sample:

It also appears quite a bit in this video.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
5/12/2016 11:23 AM

I've been wanting a coat like this for about a year now. Most modern coats are to short to be fully functional IMO.

New Post
5/14/2016 7:32 PM

I use to backpack/snow shoe wearing an old M-51 winter parka I got from work. What I loved most about that jacket was the longer length. It eventually started to fail me by wetting out. Everything I wear now from OR or Patagonia is very short in my opinion. Works good but way shorter. HOLY SHIT I love that new winter parka. Looks like it cold be a great jacket Evan. I already asked in another thread but is this thing coming out for purchase?

New Post
5/16/2016 8:59 AM

Yup, we are working on getting pricing and what not so we can get it into production. One of the questions is do we do a run in MC as they have the fabric or wait and get the color we want, but until we get pricing.....

Co-Owner Hill People Gear "If anything goes wrong it will be a fight to the end, if your training is good enough, survival is there; if not nature claims its foreit." - Dougal Haston

New Post
5/16/2016 6:00 PM

I'm excited about this Parka and would wait for one of your other colors for my use. I am curious as to what the color you want may be?

New Post
5/16/2016 6:28 PM

I'm curious too about what color ya'll have in mind. Any intel to pass along?

New Post
5/16/2016 6:48 PM

Konaboy1972 wrote:

I'm curious too about what color ya'll have in mind. Any intel to pass along?

Pantone 418c

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
5/16/2016 6:59 PM

You need one more color in Scot's size (although gray is his color) so we don't look like we're a wannabe squad when we're out. :D

New Post
5/16/2016 8:10 PM

Pantone 418c works for me, thank you for the sample.

New Post
5/17/2016 6:27 AM

I dig that color as well.

New Post
5/17/2016 7:04 PM

Awesome color choice!!!! 

New Post
5/21/2016 10:19 PM

If Pantone 418C is available I say go for it. I don't care about exact shade match as much as not standing out in the bush like a smashed thumb. That's a very usable color.

New Post
6/7/2016 11:03 PM

I see a use for this starting about October. Just sayin'.......:)

New Post
6/8/2016 5:18 AM

That really is a nice color.  Definitely will blend into the forested mountain environment without appearing "tactical".

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/8/2016 7:47 AM

Is it the same colour as the Manatee WC, or is it more of a darker foliage colour? I am very tempted to get a second WC as the Manatee colour has as many uses as the Coyote one.

Craig

New Post
6/8/2016 8:39 AM

Craig Robertson wrote:
Is it the same colour as the Manatee WC, or is it more of a darker foliage colour? I am very tempted to get a second WC as the Manatee colour has as many uses as the Coyote one.

Craig

Craig.....scroll up to Evan's post above, which shows a color swatch.  Appears to me to be fairly dark green with grey....but then again, I'm kinda color blind.  I had to pass the alternative color test and get a waiver to qualify for SF training and my physical for HALO / MFF. Anyway, that's how it looks to me.  The good side about my color blindness is that it makes a lot of Camo patterns look different than their environment to my eyes...easier to pick out bad guys in a wood line.  I think if the HPG parka is this color, it'll look awesome.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
6/8/2016 9:56 AM

Ack all - as I haven't seen the Manatee in person (and the colouration is slightly different between the HPG and FS one) just wondered if the colour swatch Evan posted above is the same.

Craig

New Post
6/8/2016 10:09 AM

Craig Robertson wrote:
Ack all - as I haven't seen the Manatee in person (and the colouration is slightly different between the HPG and FS one) just wondered if the colour swatch Evan posted above is the same.

Craig

Ah!  I see.  I think the Manatee WC is definitely a lighter grey than the color swatch Evan posted above.  I have that color on my Aston House (combo with Ranger Green).  It is definitely a straight-up grey.  The HPG Mountain Parka is quite a bit darker.  Maybe Evan will post a photo of the two colors next to one another and that will really show the difference.

New Post
6/8/2016 8:02 PM

alpendrms wrote:
Craig Robertson wrote:

Craig

Craig.....scroll up to Evan's post above, which shows a color swatch.  Appears to me to be fairly dark green with grey....but then again, I'm kinda color blind.  I had to pass the alternative color test and get a waiver to qualify for SF training and my physical for HALO / MFF. Anyway, that's how it looks to me.  The good side about my color blindness is that it makes a lot of Camo patterns look different than their environment to my eyes...easier to pick out bad guys in a wood line.  I think if the HPG parks is this color, it'll look awesome.

My grandpa was colorblind, worse than I am  I remember him telling me about some Army plan to put colorblind soldiers in balloons so they could spot German machine gun positions.i don't know if it was ever done operationally and this is the first I've heard of it since  

i do like that color swatch and would prefer that to MC  

New Post
6/8/2016 9:41 PM

Wow....good deal.  Turning a negative into a positive.  Hope it helped get some of those Nazi bastards back in the day.  I do remember a test they gave us when I was going through training as an 11B Infantryman where they put a bunch of guys in camo uniforms out in a field in front of us and told us to find them only using our eyes.  I picked out every guy out there.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsHPGHPGHPG Mountain ParkaHPG Mountain Parka

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear