Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralEquipage Level 1.5 - Light DayEquipage Level 1.5 - Light Day
Previous

Next
New Post
7/21/2014 8:49 PM

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/8/2014 11:30 AM

Level detail complete as are the reference thread links. Again, this thread is for discussion of the level 1.5 list. Agree, disagree, improve...

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
9/20/2014 5:41 AM

Really enjoying these new equipage pages on the site guys! Its just what I've been looking for. I'd be very interested to hear what people are using in their first aid kits. I have the book, "A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine", by: Eric Weiss and can recommend it a great info point. It has a large first kit list in it, and thats what I'm working from.
Cheers,
Liam

New Post
12/19/2014 7:51 AM

Baby wipes are a good item to have. I feel they clean better than TP and if they somehow get wet can still be useable. Using TP in the rain sucks. It takes a little more planning.

***If you use wipes instead of TP get alcohol free wipes***

Baby wipes also make it easier to wash up before meals and bed. Some mornings camping I will put a couple in hot water to wash up before the day begins. Coleman makes biodegradable wipes to bury with scat.

New Post
12/30/2014 3:38 PM

Colefoz wrote:

Baby wipes are a good item to have. I feel they clean better than TP and if they somehow get wet can still be useable. Using TP in the rain sucks. It takes a little more planning.

***If you use wipes instead of TP get alcohol free wipes***

Baby wipes also make it easier to wash up before meals and bed. Some mornings camping I will put a couple in hot water to wash up before the day begins. Coleman makes biodegradable wipes to bury with scat.

Are septic safe, flushable wipes an option? They are significantly less expensive and more generally more available. 

New Post
1/14/2015 7:26 AM

Great question praharin. My only concern would be if they decompose or not. I would assume flushable wipes break down since they are designed for sewer treatment. If not then you are burying garbage which I would see as unethical.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralEquipage Level 1.5 - Light DayEquipage Level 1.5 - Light Day

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear