Hill People Gear | Real Use Gear For Backcountry Travelers
888.464.1875 | info@hillpeoplegear.com Register | Login
Hill People Gear Forums
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPosting PicturesPosting Pictures
Previous

Next
New Post
8/4/2014 5:12 PM

There is a new procedure for posting pictures on the forum that is a little bit less cumbersome than it used to be. It still requires you to host your photos somewhere else (like photobucket), but then you can put one of their tags directly into your post.

1) Go get an account at a photo hosting site (photobucket.com)

2) Once you've uploaded your pictures there, each picture will have a series of options beside it like this:

3) You're looking for the one that says "IMG code". The bottom one in this case. Copy that whole line and put it into your post.

4) When you save your post, the image will display.

If your photo hoster doesn't supply that IMG code link, it is super easy to build off of the image direct link. All you have to do is add the IMG tags before and after the direct link like this (don't miss the fact that the closing tag looks different than the opening one - you need that "/"):

Here's a hint about getting the direct image link. Unless they're using trickery, most places on the internet that you see an image, you can right click on it and choose "copy image location" and that will give you the direct image link. The direct link to images on Facebook can be gotten that way for example.

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/4/2014 5:24 PM

Doing this:

Gets me this:

Here is my post content. I'm talking about my trip.

Here is my first trip picture right here:

We are fortunate in this matter that your conduct will be your marker and, thus, your reputation. The conduct of others on this forum has been, and will continue to be, their marker, and thus, their reputation. In the west, a person invests in one's reputation carefully. - 112Papa

New Post
8/4/2014 5:40 PM

I'm still working on how to get pictures posted in this way to display wider than 500px. Hopefully I'll be able to delete this post after figuring it out. Or maybe we're stuck with 500px. Optimum for this site is more like 750px.

New Post
8/4/2014 5:44 PM

Evan, I got it to work through my Photobucket account. It was a bit fiddly at first, but now I've got it dialed in.

Hill People Gear Coureurs des Bois (Brand Ambassador). Victoria faveat paratam. De Oppresso Liber.

New Post
5/15/2016 10:20 AM

Previous

Next
HomeHomeDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneralGeneralPosting PicturesPosting Pictures

Edward Curtis Canyon De Chelly
When humans first set foot in a new continent, they came in small groups under their own power, bringing only the gear they needed. Most simply called themselves The People. Over time, those who chose the rougher freer life of the up country came to think of themselves as the Hill People.
Hill People Gear